Monday, December 10, 2012

No Luck

 Over the weekend I attempted to do some dumpster diving with a friend of mine with little to no luck in finding anything I could put to use. It happens sometimes, we went to a few different locations around Kalamazoo, but most of the dumpsters were either locked, or empty. The one thing about dumpster diving is  that its not always reliable, sometimes even if you hit up dumpster after dumpster you will eventually find something, but I on the other hand had no luck at all. The fact that you never know what your going to find is what keeps me going out there, and at least looking for things I could use. After doing some research on dumpster diving I have found a few links that would be helpful for people who might want to get into finding stuff in the trash. The first website is a site some one set up to inform people how to safely dumpster dive within the legal limits, as well as some tips on supplies needed to stay safe and clean  http://www.wikihow.com/Dumpster-Dive.  The second site that I found was a site that describes dumpster diving as a lifestyle people are getting into because of the economy, I found this website to be informative, and also the video is neat. One of the best things about finding stuff in the trash is that its like a treasure hunt, you never know what your going to find out there     http://www.allthingsfrugal.com/dumpster.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment