Monday, November 12, 2012

Dumpster Diving, and Sustainability

          Sustainability is a lifestyle choice everyone can move towards in many ways. I was sitting in my apartment the other day when I came to the realization that 65 percent if not more of everything  I own was either found on a curb, in the trash, or given to me. The idea of recycling is taken to new extremes when applied to rooting around in the trash. Furniture, clothes, dog toys, a vacuum cleaner, picture frames, the list is endless.With the amount of waste I have found and was able to reuse just in Kalamazoo, I was able to move from one city to the next with absolutely nothing. I only had to pay for such a small percentage of the possessions I use on an everyday basis  around my house. The purpose of this blog is to try and expose  people to the things some may view as worthless, many of my exploits may fail miserably, but there really are some treasures out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment