Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Things I found in the trash


Lately I haven't had any luck dumpster diving. but I was on my way to school yesterday, when I came across this entertainment center on the side of the road. With a little bit of work, and some help from a friend we were able to set this up in my basement.






This set of shelves, is something I found a few weeks ago, while I was out walking my dogs. I brought it home, and we painted it, we now use it as an art shelf for art supplies.






This key-board was found on a curb in Portage by Portage Central High School. It came with the stand and everything. Every single key works as well as the control panel. 







As a broke college student I was able to refurnish my basement with things I found for free. I was able to create a space in my house that is constantly changing and evolving with the weird things I come across on the side of roads and behind buildings. The point I'm trying to make is that we live in a disposable culture, if something breaks then just throw it away. The amount of waste around us is something we can utilize and use to our own benefit, and with a little bit of work an empty basement can turn into a space of creativity. There are also things found in the trash that can be used for monetary gain as well. A friend of mine recently came across a few computer monitors, and after taking them apart he was able to get around fifty dollars worth of copper. The world of trash around us is a fun one, you never know what your going to find.


1 comment:

  1. It is very cool that you are able to put to use things that would otherwise end up in a landfill.

    ReplyDelete